HeforShe IMPACT Champion Scholarship
On the Donor
The University launched the “HeForShe” Campaign in 2015 to promote the United Nations’ initiative of gender equity. The “HeforShe IMPACT Champion Scholarship” was announced in correlation in 2016 for students from disadvantaged backgrounds, particularly related to issues surrounding gender equity. The main purpose of the Scholarship is to provide financial support and access to quality education at university to talented students.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship shall be awarded each year to first-year non-local full-time undergraduate students on the basis of:
- academic achievements;
- reputation and rigor of the students’ current studies;
- interview performance; and
- nature of personal experiences derived from challenges on inequality which the student has overcome.
Preference shall be given to students from countries with lower ranking in the United Nations’ Human Development Index, Gender Development Index and/or Gender Inequality Index.
In addition, the scholarship package shall include travel allowancesas follows:
- a travel allowance for the awardee to travel from his/her home country to Hong Kong to take up his/her Year 1 studies;
- a fixed travel allowance to help towards the awardee’s cost of returning home once a year; and
- a travel allowance to help towards the awardee’s cost of returning to his/her home country at the end of his/her studies.
The above travel allowances shall be determined according to the lowest airfare available with reasonable connections as presented by the awardees and vetted by the Admission Office, and are to be in line with the awardees’ hometown location and estimated travel cost.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||At least cover the full tuition fee, with the exact value to be determined|
|Renewal Conditions||According to a renewal value scale based on awardees’ academic performance|
|Type of Scholarships||
Entrance Scholarships for New Students
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Other places|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||1|