Shun Hing College Residential Scholarship for Sports Scholars
On the Donor
Shun Hing College, a residential college for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, is committed to building a vibrant and inclusive community of students and scholars. In view of the University’s policy to promote internationalisation, the College strives to serve as a hub for academic and cultural exchanges with leading international institutions.
The Shun Hing College Endowment Fund, generously donated by the Shun Hing Group, supports Residential Scholarships designated for Sports Scholars since August 2019.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship shall be awarded to undergraduate students who were admitted through the Sports Scholarship Scheme administered by the Centre for Sports and Exercise (CSE).
The Scholarship shall be awarded mainly based on the following criteria, and secondarily on financial need:
i. First year student(s)
- A record of outstanding sports achievements; and
- Satisfactory academic performance in public examination for admission to University.
ii. Non-first year student(s)
- A record of outstanding sports achievements in the previous academic year(s);
- A record of the applicant's contributions to university sports team in the previous academic year(s); and
- Satisfactory academic performance in the previous academic year.
The Scholarship shall normally cover the full or partial amount of College fees for these students to reside at Shun Hing College for one residential year.
The number of awards made each year shall be subject to the budget amount approved for the purposes of this Scholarship by the Governance Committee of the Residential Colleges on an annual basis.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Please see purpose and scope|
|Type of Scholarships||
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Not specified|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Not specified|