D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship, The
On the Donor
The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship Program was launched in 2016 by The D. H. Chen Foundation. It aims to nurture futher leaders and foster talent development for the society with all-rounded educational support.
A maximum of 20 scholarships will be granted annually to local Year 1 undergraduate students who are enrolled in full-time UGC-funded programmes at CityU, CUHK, HKU, HKUST and PolyU.
- The D.H. Chen Foundation
- Inspiring Today, Impacing Tomorrow
- Video sharing by Ms Rachel Wong, The D.H. Chen Foundation Scholar
Purpose and Scope
The Program usually opens for applications in Semester Two each year. It endeavors to support exceptional local students with their studies at local universities, regardless of their background and financial circumstances. The Program also acts as a platform for the Scholars to:
- enhance social awareness through active engagement in local and/or overseas service project(s);
- be mentored and inspired by respected and experienced leaders in different fields, propelling social change;
- network with fellow Scholars and together become social incubators to generate ideas and solutions for the greater good.
- attained a Year GPA of at least 3.5 or equivalent in Year 1 (Note: The Foundation will only consider applicants who have chosen letter grade option, if available, for ALL courses); and
- demonstrate leadership abilities and commitment to make positive social change.
(Note: Awardees of The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship are NOT allowed to hold other scholarships/bursaries (excluding prizes and some enrichment support schemes) concurrently, from the date of accepting The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship.)
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Covers tuition fee, overseas learning allowance (up to HK$80,000), possible living allowance (HK$38,000) per annum|
|Renewal Conditions||Subject to Yearly GPA of at least 3.5 or equivalent in the preceding academic year (Note: (1) For UGC-funded years of study only (2) Living allowance, if awarded, may be renewed subject to continued financial or special learning needs)|
|Selection by||Open application & interview|
|Type of Scholarships||
Merit-based Scholarships for Current Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Local|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||1|