Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Programme
On the Donor
The Asian Development Bank (ADB)-Japan Scholarship Programme was established in 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's member countries to pursue Master of Urban Design or Master of Science in Urban Planning programme at The University of Hong Kong.
Scholars are expected to return to and work in their home countries for a period of at least two years after completion of their studies.
The following are some of the key eligibility criteria:
- Citizens of ADB's borrowing member countries;
- Not holding dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree;
- With at least two years of full-time professional working experience after acquiring a university degree;
- Not more than 35 years old; and
- Family income should be not more than US$50,000 per year and individual income should not be more than US$25,000 per year
Multiple scholarships are available for award each year.
For further details on the award scope and eligibility, please refer to:
For information on the application procedure, please see:
(For Master of Urban Design programme) https://www.arch.hku.hk/programmes/upad/master-of-urban-design/scholarship/
(For Master of Science in Urban Planning programme) https://www.arch.hku.hk/programmes/upad/master-of-science-in-urban-planning/admissions/
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Full scholarship for the normative period of study|
|Renewal Conditions||Satisfactory academic progress|
|Selection by||Open Application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Entrance Scholarships for New Students
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Other places|
|Level of Study||Postgraduate|
|Year of Study||Not specified|