HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund - Reaching Out Award
香港特別行政區政府獎學基金 - 外展體驗獎
On the Donor
With a view to attracting outstanding local students to advance their studies at home, and meritorious non-local students to pursue higher education opportunities in Hong Kong, the HKSAR Government established in 2008 the HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund (the Fund) to recognize outstanding local and non-local students.
Purpose and Scope
The Reaching Out Award (ROA), which is granted on a competitive basis, aims to support students who need to travel out of Hong Kong to participate in activities such as exchange, overseas studies, internships, placements, field trips, service trips, conferences, competitions, etc., in the academic year 2022-23 (i.e. September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023).
The scheme is open to students who are currently pursuing full-time publicly/UGC-funded undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Awardees will be selected on the basis of (i) academic merit, and (ii) the details of the proposed activity.
Notes to Applicants:
- A student can only eligible to receive the ROA ONCE throughout his/her studies.
- Unless otherwise approved, the ROA cannot be concurrently held with other enrichment scholarships or awards administered by the University.
- The minimum CGPA requirement is 3.0. For research postgraduate students, recent supervision progress monitoring reports are required.
- Students who will participate in study abroad programmes organized by International Affairs Office (IAO) OR selected international programmes administered by CEDARS will be considered automatically for the ROA. No separate application will be needed.
- Award recipients are required to submit a 1000-word self-reflection report and proof of completion after activity completion.
Applications are usually accepted in November/December of each academic year. Please click here for application details. Results are expected to be announced around May/June 2023.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||A one-off grant of HK$10,000|
|Selection by||Open application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Enrichment Scholarships for Current Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Not specified|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate, Postgraduate|
|Year of Study||Not specified|