HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund - Talent Development Scholarship
香港特別行政區政府獎學基金 - 才藝發展獎學金
On the Donor
With a view to attracting outstanding local students to advance their studies at home, and meritorious non-local students to pursue higher education opportunities in Hong Kong, the HKSAR Government established in 2008 the HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund (the Fund) to recognize outstanding local and non-local students.
Purpose and Scope
The Talent Development Scholarship (TDS), which is granted on a competitive basis, aims at giving recognition to students who have demonstrated achievements or talent in non-academic areas and provide support for these students to further develop their talent and potential.
The scheme is open to students who are currently pursuing full-time publicly/UGC-funded undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Awardees will be selected on the basis of (i) academic merit, and (ii) the scale and level of the non-academic achievement.
Notes to Applicants:
- The minimum CGPA requirement is 2.5. For research postgraduate students, recommendation letters from their supervisors are required.
- Applicants need to have received an award, with documentary proof, in a/an inter-institution, local, regional or national event within the last three years (from January 1, 2016 - present) in one of the following areas:
Applicants MUST indicate the activity number in their applications. Please click on the hyperlinks above to find the relevant activity
- Students who only participated in an activity but did not receive an award are NOT eligible for the TDS.
- Participation in intra-institutional activities, internship, job placement, musical instrument examinations or language proficiency tests are NOT eligible.)
- A student may be awarded the TDS more than once throughout his/her studies, and each application shall be considered based on individual merit and against other applications received in that year. Students who have been awarded the TDS before must be able to provide new evidence of award(s) and achievement(s) attained after receiving the TDS
Applications for the 2019-20 Scholarship will open in mid November 2019 and close in mid December 2019. Please click here for application details. Results are expected to be announced in May 2020.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||A one-off grant of HK$10,000|
|Selection by||Open application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Merit-based Scholarships for Current Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Not specified|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate, Postgraduate|
|Year of Study||Not specified|