Innovation and Technology Scholarship
On the Donor
In 2011, the Innovation and Technology Scholarship Award Scheme was established under a joint sponsorship and support by the Innovation and Technology Commission and The Hongkong and Shanghai Corporation Limited (HSBC) which is administered by The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups (HKFYG) as the Scheme Secretariat.
Purpose and Scope
Innovation and Technology Scholarship Award Scheme usually opens for applications in October each year. It aims at recognizing outstanding non-final year local undergraduates whose curriculum or second major are in science-related, technology, engineering, dental and medical disciplines, by providing a scholarship and a series of elite training opportunities, in order to widen their international exposure, gain industry experience, and nurture their passion and commitment toward science and technology.
- Hong Kong Permanent Resident with the right of abode in Hong Kong;
- Non-final year, full-time undergraduate students undertaking University Grants Committee (UGC) funded undergraduate degree (or with a second major) in a Science, Engineering, Medicine or Dentistry discipline;
- Preferably attaining Cumulative GPA of 3.3 (or equivalent) or above;
- Achieving a minimum total TOEFL (Internet-based test) score of 90 with scores for individual sections not lower than 21 on reading, 22 on listening, 21 on speaking, and 17 on writing; or a minimum IELTS (Academic test) overall band score of 6.5, with no component below 6.0; or Level 4 or above in HKDSE English Language Exam. These are irrespective of overseas universities' requirements. For the TOEFL and IELTS tests, it must have been taken on or since February 7, 2018;
- Having passion in innovation and technology, and intention of pursuing this as a career;
- Well-rounded, has participated in extra-curricular and/or community service activities;
- Able to demonstrate commitment to Hong Kong;
- Possessing good communication skills; and
- Has not previously received this Scholarship.
Details of the Scheme available here.
Interviews: early February 2020 (1st round); March 2020 (2nd round)
Announcement of results: late March 2020
Visit the following links to learn more about the Scheme and the recipients of the Innovation and Technology Scholarship Award:
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Up to HK$150,000 for attachment programme(s) in Overseas/Mainland universities between June 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021|
|Selection by||Open application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Enrichment Scholarships for Current Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Local|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Faculty||Dentistry, Engineering, Medicine, Science|
|Year of Study||Non-final year|