HSBC Overseas Scholarship
On the Donor
Since 1997, the Hongkong Bank Foundation contributed in scholarships, bursaries and other development awards to more than 300 students from tertiary institutions in Hong Kong. It covers a wide range of scholarships such as scholarships for local, mainland and international students, for overseas exchange, for students with disabilities etc.
Purpose and Scope
The HSBC Overseas Scholarship is open to HKU non-final year full-time undergraduate students who meet the following requirements:
1. Hong Kong permanent residents with the right of abode in Hong Kong.
2. GPA of 3.7 or above / top 3% of class in the first semester of the academic year 2017-18. Non-first year students should also have achieved a minimum CGPA of 3.7 / top 3% class ranking in the academic year 2016-17. For first year students, please submit your HKDSE results proof or equivalent qualifications.
3. Well-rounded, participating in extra-curricular and community service activities.
4. No extensive experience of living or studying overseas.
5. Priority will be given to applicants who are in a financial situation which does not permit overseas study or extensive travel overseas;
6. Commitment to Hong Kong.
7. A minimum total TOEFL score of 90 (Internet-based test) with scores for individual sections not lower than 22 on listening, 17 on writing, 21 on reading, and 21 on speaking; or a minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5, with no component below 6.0. These are irrespective of the requirements of the intended overseas universities. (Note: All tests must have been taken on 9 February 2016 or later. Test results will have to be ready on or before 9 February 2018.)
Please contact International Affiars Office (email: email@example.com) for details.
Visit the following links to learn more about the Donor's vision and sharing from HSBC Scholars:
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||The Scholarship will cover (1) tuition fee of the overseas institution; (2) a minimum economy return airfare; and (3) reasonable room and board costs, books, a small portion of living expenses and visa application fees; up to a maximum amount of HKD300,000. The final amount of scholarship to be awarded to each scholar shall be subject to approval by HSBC.|
|Selection by||Open application and interview|
|Type of Scholarships||
Enrichment Scholarships for Current Students
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Local|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Non-final year|