FBE PhD Entrance Scholarship
On the Donor
In 2017, the Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) of The University of Hong Kong established a Scholarship for new students admitted to full-time PhD programme in FBE.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship shall be awarded to new students admitted to the full-time PhD programme in the Faculty of Business and Economics on the basis of academic merit at the time of admission. Students fulfilling the following criteria shall be considered for award of the Scholarship:
- General track:Candidate must have attained the minimum qualifications required for PhD admission and Postgraduate Scholarship as determined by Graduate School.
- Taught Postgraduate (TPg) track:
- (i) Candidate must hold a Bachelorâs degree at first class honours from a reputableuniversity, or another qualification of equivalent standard as determined by the Faculty Higher Degrees Committee; and
- (ii) Candidate must be registered in or within one year of graduation from an eligible TPg programme offered by FBE in the year preceding admission to the full-time PhD programme.
- (iii) Candidate must be selected to receive the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship or the HKU Presidential PhD Scholarship.
The Scholarship shall be payable to awardee(s) in two equal instalments upon satisfactory completion of the sixth and twelfth month of full-time PhD study.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Please see "Purpose and Scope"|
|Type of Scholarships||
Entrance Scholarships for New Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Not specified|
|Level of Study||Postgraduate|
|Faculty||Business and Economics|
|Year of Study||1|