D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship, The
On the Donor
The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship Program is the first milestone initiative of the Foundation that aims to nurture potential future leaders who will bring about social change through educational skills, personal in sight and motivation.
A maximum of 20 scholarships will be granted annually beginning the academic year 2016-17 to local students who are enrolled full time at the undergraduate level at CUHK, PolyU, UST and HKU.
More about The D.H. Chen Foundation
Purpose and Scope
The Program usually opens for applications near the start of Semester Two each year. It endeavors to support exceptional local students with their studies at local universities, regardless of their background and financial circumstances. The Program also acts as a platform for the Scholars to:
- enhance social awareness through active engagement in local and/or overseas service project(s);
- be mentored and inspired by respected and experienced leaders in different fields, propelling social change;
- network with fellow Scholars and together become social incubators to generate ideas and solutions for the greater good.
- attained a Year GPA of at least 3.5 or equivalent in Year 1; and
- demonstrate leadership abilities, civic mindedness and commitment to social services.
(Note: Awardees of The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship are NOT allowed to hold other scholarships/bursaries (excluding prizes and some enrichment support schemes) concurrently, from the date of accepting The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship.)
The next round of applications will open in late 2018.
Click here for sharing from The D. H. Chen Foundation Scholars.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Covers tuition fee, one overseas exchange/study trip allowance of a maximum amount (HK$80,000), possible living allowance (HK$38,000) per annum|
|Renewal Conditions||Subject to Yearly GPA of at least 3.5 or equivalent in the preceding academic year (Note: Living allowance, if awarded, may be renewed subject to continued financial or special learning needs)|
|Selection by||Open application & interview|
|Type of Scholarships||
Merit-based Scholarships for Current Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Local|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||1|