Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Programme
On the Donor
The Asian Development Bank (ADB)-Japan Scholarship Programme was established in 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's member countries to pursue Master of Urban Design or Master of Science in Urban Planning programme at The University of Hong Kong.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to return to their home countries and contribute to the economic and social development back home.
The following are the key eligibility criteria:
- Citizens of ADB's borrowing member countries;
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree;
- With at least two years of full-time professional working experience;
- Not more than 35 years old; and
- Family income should be not more than US$50,000 per year and individual income should not be more than US$25,000 per year
Multiple scholarships are available for award each year.
For details, please refer to:
Click here to learn more about the visit of ADB representatives at HKU.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||Full scholarship for the normative period of study|
|Renewal Conditions||Satisfactory academic progress|
|Selection by||Open Application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Entrance Scholarships for New Students
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Other places|
|Level of Study||Postgraduate|
|Year of Study||Not specified|