HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund - Reaching Out Award
香港特別行政區政府獎學基金 - 外展體驗獎
On the Donor
With a view to attracting outstanding local students to advance their studies at home, and meritorious non-local students to pursue higher education opportunities in Hong Kong, the HKSAR Government established in 2008 the $1 billion HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund (the Fund) to recognize outstanding local and non-local students.
Purpose and Scope
Reaching Out Award (ROA) aims at equipping students with an international vision, broadening their exposure to multicultural environment and enhancing their communication skills in English, Putonghua or other languages.
Scope of activities may cover:
- academic event, conference or competition;
- internship or placement;
- field trip or study trip; and
- attending a course or academic exchange programme.
To be eligible to apply for the ROA, students should:
- be currently pursuing full-time publicly-funded/UGC funded undergraduate or postgraduate programmes;
- achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0 or equivalent, OR
- have a recommendation from respective supervisor(s) (applicable for postgraduate research students); and
- participate in an outreaching activity that is conducted outside Hong Kong in the academic year 2017-18 (i.e. within the period between September 1, 2017 and August 31, 2018) with proof of admission/enrolment.
1. Each recipient is only eligible to receive this Reaching Out Award ONCE throughout his/her studies.
2. ROA cannot be concurrently held with other enrichment scholarships or awards administered by the University.
3. Students who will participate in short-term study abroad programmes organized by International Affairs Office (IAO) will be considered automatically for the Reaching Out Award. No seperate application will be needed.
4. Each recipient is required to submit a 2000-word self-reflection report and proof of completion after the outreaching activity.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||A one-off grant of HK$10,000|
|Selection by||Open application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Enrichment Scholarships for Current Students
|Place of Origin of Students||Not specified|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate, Postgraduate|
|Year of Study||Not specified|