Kai Chong Tong Scholarship
On the Donor
In 1999, Kai Chong Tong donated a sum to The University of Hong Kong to establish an endowment fund to award scholarships annually to undergraduate students.
Purpose and Scope
A maximum of 9 full-time second-year undergraduate students, who are permanent residents of Hong Kong, in the following Faculties:
- 2 students from the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine;
- 2 students from the Faculty of Engineering undertaking one of the programmes: BEng(CompEng), BEng(CompSc), BEng(ElectE) or BEng(EE);
- 1 student from the Faculty of Arts;
- 1 student from the Faculty of Business and Economics;
- 1 student from the Faculty of Education;
- 1 student from the Faculty of Science; and
- 1 student from the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The Scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit as shown in the first year final examination results and financial need. In cases where candidates are of equal merit, preference will be given to the student whose family roots is from Panyu in China.
- Applications for the 2018-19 Scholarships are now closed. Announcement of results will be in the first quarter of 2019.
- The next round of applications is expected to open in semester one of 2019-20.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||HK$15,000 each|
|Selection by||Open application|
|Type of Scholarships||
Merit-based Scholarships for Current Students
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Local|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Faculty||Arts, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Social Sciences|
|Year of Study||2|