Kai Chong Tong Scholarship
On the Donor
In 1999, Kai Chong Tong donated a sum to The University of Hong Kong to establish an endowment fund to award scholarships annually to undergraduate students. Between the academic years 2011-12 to 2014-15, the donor injected additional funds annually to cover the payment of awards and increased the scholarship value from HK$10,000 to HK$15,000 each. From the academic year 2015-16 onwards, the income and/or capital gain generated from the endowment fund shall be used to support the scholarships.
Purpose and Scope
A maximum of 9 full-time second-year undergraduate students, who are permanent residents of Hong Kong, in the following Faculties:
- 2 students from the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine;
- 2 students from the Faculty of Engineering undertaking one of the programmes: BEng(CompEng), BEng(CompSc), BEng(ElectE) or BEng(EE);
- 1 student from the Faculty of Arts;
- 1 student from the Faculty of Business and Economics;
- 1 student from the Faculty of Education;
- 1 student from the Faculty of Science; and
- 1 student from the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The Scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit as shown in the first year final examination results and financial need. In cases where candidates are of equal merit, preference will be given to the student whose family roots is from Panyu in China.
|Awarded by External Body|
|Value of Award||HK$15,000 each|
|Type of Scholarships||
Merit-based Scholarships for Current Students
*Financial Needs apply
|Place of Origin of Students||Local|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Faculty||Arts, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Social Sciences|
|Year of Study||2|